It’s Time to Get Creative : Marketing Tips during COVID-19
- Shakespeare wrote one of his greatest masterpieces, King Lear, while quarantined during a plague.
- Sir Isaac Newton developed calculus and the theory of gravity while University of Cambridge closed because of the bubonic plague.
- The Renaissance Period developed out of the Black Death, creating one of the greatest eras of art, architecture and literature in history. Leonard di Vinci created the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, Michaelango created David and the ceiling at the Sistine Chapel.
What will you create?
With events cancelling, attractions closing, and most Americans self isolating due to COVID-19, more people than ever will be going on social media to gather news, connect with friends, and find entertainment to escape. In a sea of graphs and maps, the travel industry and travel influencers have the opportunity to inspire and spread positivity in a more meaningful way than ever before. Let’s use this time to connect with people creatively and provide a much needed virtual escape.
“When travel thrives, so does America.” – Ustravel.org
Now is a great time to get super creative – the sky’s the limit – and think about how your destination, attraction or product can be creative in attracting an audience when people aren’t traveling. Now’s the time to create those connections so that when people are traveling again, they think of you first.
Each day we will be releasing tips and tricks to get those creative juices flowing. We have ideas about reassessing your current content library, for attracting an audience on Instagram and connecting via IG Stories, how to edit your own travel videos, use sponsored ads for creating a sense of calm and community, and more.
Get ready friends, we will be your whiteboard Friday, everyday. 🙂
To get you started here are some resources: (We will keep this list updated every day.)
– 9 Cool Virtual Tours to Inspire your own Virtual Tour
– Learn a new skill on Masterclass
– How to make a viral Tik-Tok Video
– The Language of Resilience: How a Sponsored Post about Beer gave me Comfort during COVID-19
– Start a virtual hang-out and Twitter Chat now that people have paused travel
– Ultimate how-to vet influencers guide, so you can be ready for your summer campaigns
– Industry Solidarity: 6 Ways to Help Promote Other Destinations Right Now
– 10 New Content Ideas for Influencers to Start Now