Language of Resilience: How a Sponsored Post about Beer Brought me comfort during Covid-19
While scrolling through Facebook I was served a sponsored post for Guinness. Instead of directly selling me on their beer, they connected with me in a way I’m not sure any sponsored post ever has. Here is the ad (click through to watch the video):
What they did right:
- They used language of resilience to boost my confidence and make me feel comfortable with them.
- They acknowledged that St. Patricks day will look a little different
- They told me we are in this together
- They told me what they were doing to help
- They added a visual (a video in this example) that was thoughtful and comforting
What is language of resilience? It’s a term used when trying to create calm and assurances when talking with children. Parentandteen.com defines it as bouncing back from challenges and recovering from setbacks. Ideally, the obstacles in our life prepare us to be stronger, finer human beings. In unsettling times, everyone, no matter age, can use the power of language of resilience.
Consider these points when creating your own sponsored ads. Think about how your event connected with people, why your destination means so to people and what emotion your product brings out of people. Help them through these times by connecting with them.